Dance again

Learning to dance to new music is both unnerving and exhilarating. I am enjoying this new journey more than I could have imagined, even though I have no idea where I am headed. That actually may be the exhilarating part!

Monday, March 7, 2011

People with something to say

It has been a morning full of hearing from people.  A cousin I haven't spoke with in awhile, a dear friend, my husband, writings from a friend I barred my soul with nearly a year ago now during a workshop.  It is an odd assortment of people to be sure.  I can't help but wonder what I am supposed to take away from it.  Each conversation brought something rich and revealing and there was a thread throughout them all that brought me great comfort.  People are seeking to find the richness in their own lives, just like I am.  How fortunate to find that so many are no longer just accepting that the life they have is the only one available.  How wonderful that people are asking important questions about life and admitting they don't know the answer.  It makes me feel connected to something much bigger and it gives me hope.  Underlying the sometimes misguided assumptions about life, there are people still out there searching for a greater truth, seeking a way to make even a small difference and recognizing that happiness does not come from a big paycheck or fancy title.  It comes from things much more tangible like the love of family and friends, the joy of experiencing the simple things like sitting and watching the sunset or laying in a hammock and thinking about the wonderful things in our life.  It feels like there is a resurgence of people recognizing we have complicated our lives behind reason and there is now a burning desire to focus on living versus just surviving.  One of my favorite sayings is "we must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us."  There is peace in that thought and it has allowed me to give in and give up all of my notions about what I SHOULD be and give me the chance to be what I was destined to be.  Still not sure what it is, but I am walking and waiting in faith that it will come to be. 

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful piece of writing, thank you so much for sharing it with me. I feel you in your words and I hope if you feel moved that you share your site with more people. As I was filing some stuff a few minutes ago I came across a part of my collage from Hudson that I had saved. It was the heart in the center with the saying "I understand life only when it's lived out loud". I am pretty sure you found that saying for me. Here's to us and to living our lives out loud. Blessings your way, friend. P.S. My daughter's boyfriend is in Japan so keep him in your prayers. P.S>S is it easy to set up a blog?

    ReplyDelete